If you bought a used printer, you likely got a great bargain, but it is unlikely the printer came with an installation disc. If you bought a new Hewlett Packard (HP) printer, you should have received an installation disc. If you haven’t, you can still install your HP printer in no time. If you need assistance, you can get it through hp printer tech support phone number which is available as toll-free.
- You can obtain the software you need to install your HP printer, even without a disc.
- Examine the printer to find your model number. Most HP printers place the model number on the front or back of the printer.
- Visit the HP Support website to download the appropriate drivers. Enter your model number and choose your operating system to download the correct drivers.
- Connect the printer to the computer according to the package instructions.
- Open your computer’s Start menu and select “Control Panel,” then select “Printers” under “Hardware.” Click on “Add a Printer.” Use the recommended port to install the printer.
- Select the brand (HP) of your printer, and then select the model number. Click “Next” and allow the wizard to install your printer. Print a test page to make sure it works correctly.
HP Printer Contact Number: +1-888-405-6069
While HP inkjet printers include a driver and software installation disc, the company also provides driver and software updates online. Most HP LaserJet printers, however, include the drivers and software in the device and don’t require you to download the files online. When you connect a printer for the first time, Windows 7 automatically installs the necessary default drivers. Depending on the printer model, however, you may lose certain printing and scanning functions without also installing HP’s custom printer driver. To ensure you’re able to use all of the features included in the device, install the HP drivers and software for your printer model.
Using an HP Inkjet Printer
- Connect the HP inkjet printer to the computer using the USB cable and then turn on the device. If you want to enable wireless printing, make sure the router is turned on and then select the Wireless Configuration option in the printer’s control panel. Follow the prompts to enable Wi-Fi on the device.
- Navigate to HP’s Support and Drivers page (link in Resources).
- Click “Drivers and Software” and then enter the printer’s product name and number, such as HP Photosmart 5510. The HP model number is often located on the front of the printer. Click the “Search” button.
- Select your operating system from the drop-down menu and click “Next” to display a list of the most current drivers and software.
- Click the “Driver” link and then select the name of the driver displayed on the page, such as HP Photosmart Basic Drivers. Click the “Download” button to save the file to the Downloads folder on your PC. After you save the driver, click the “Back” button in your Web browser to return to the previous page.
- Click the “Software” link and then select the name of the software, such as HP ePrint. Click the “Download” button to save the file to your computer.
- Open the Downloads folder and double-click the driver’s file name. Click “Yes” in the User Account Control dialog box. Select whether you are using a wired or wireless connection and then click “Next” to install the drivers. When the process completes, click the “Finish” button.
- Double-click the software’s file name to install the HP printing software. Click “Yes” in the User Account Control window. Review and agree to HP’s End User License Agreement and then click “Next” to install the software. Click the “Finish” button when the installation process is complete.
Using an HP LaserJet Printer
- Connect the HP LaserJet to the PC by using the printer’s USB cable and turn on the device.
- Select “HP Smart Install” in the AutoPlay dialog box. Click “Yes” in the User Account Control window to start the installation process.
- Read the HP license agreement. Check the box next to the “I Accept the Software End User License Agreement” option and then click the “Install” button.
- Choose your preferred printer connection, such as wireless or USB. If you select the wireless option, make sure the router is turned on and follow the on-screen prompts to configure the device. Click the “Next” button to install the drivers and software.
You can contact us by going through our hp printer technical support. We are independent technical help and support providers for HP Printer.